Inaugural Africa Code Week to get 20 000 youths coding - htxt.africa

edited June 2015 in Site discussion

imageInaugural Africa Code Week to get 20 000 youths coding - htxt.africa

Teachers and parents, get involved to get your kids coding in October.

Read the full story here

Comments

• This is super awesome for Africa! I love how you are teaching young Africans to code. This will be one of the most important skills to learn in the not-to-distant future!

I'd like to let you know about a programming experiment we are running. We teach people to code on real projects. Anyone can get experience as a project manager or programmer from beginner to advanced, has a very supporting community. Here's our website, if you'd like to check it out: http://www.codecloud.me

I wish you would host an event called, "Code For Africa." Our team would love to get in touch with you as we are helping several Hackathon's at the moment & might be able to offer some assistance to help your great cause! This is my email if you/ anyone would like to get in touch with us. My email: luke@codecloud.me
  • Hi Luke

Africa Code Week is actually just an event that we flagged up and posted. The people you would be better off speaking to are the organisers. They are apparently very open to people getting on board with them so check out the website. :)